Labels

Labels

Friday, July 2, 2010

First blog post from Homeschool Momma!


Well, this is officially my first Blog post. No idea what I am doing, but I guess I will get the hang of it eventually. I'm Vickey, Homeschooling Mama to my 1st grade Daughter. We are pretty much a text book homeschooling family, We use A Beka for just about everything except for Math, which we use and hands on math curriculum called, Math U See. We are very happy with homeschooling and wouldn't change it for the world.

No only am I a homeschooling Mama, I'm a wife to my amazing husband of 9 1/2 years, caretaker to my mom who moved in with us a few years ago due to her health, take care of a little one M-F, and work from home for a Medical Transcription Company 6 hours a day M-F. I have a pretty busy and challenging life, but it works for us.

A little very well known fact about me, I love to ramble on and on about nothing at all, and will skip around back and forth to the same subject I've already gone over, it's just me :o)

I would love to get to the point in Homeschooling that I can create my own curriculum and become creative. I am not a creative person, If I read the book I can do just about anything, owners manuals, Curriculum Guides, etc. but if it's not in plain text in front of me I'm lost. I am hoping that by starting this blog it will help me in my creativity. I figure if I try and post daily of what we do in our every day to day life it will inspire me to do more and have more to talk about. Sounds logical to me!

So today is a busy day of packing and getting ready to go away for 3 days in observance of Indepence Day, we will be taking a trip to West Palm Beach FL, where my hubby grew up and to see the place and have some fun family time.

That's about it for me for now, time to get packing and working and feed the kiddos some breakfast.

Take care,

Blessings,

Vickey

No comments:

Post a Comment