Labels

Labels

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Stepping Back and Reflecting on Life

As a stay at home mom, homeschool parent, work from home mom, and house wife I have a lot of things to do.  One thing I don't do is leave my house very much.  I am not a parent that chooses to enroll my child in a ton of things and cause our schedule to be so busy that it stresses us out.  We all three prefer a laid back schedule and more spur of the moment stuff.  Now, because we are home all the time (and I work a full time job from home) I am on the computer at least 8 hours a day, I am on Facebook well over 1/2 of that.  Yep, over 4 hours a day on Facebook.  I don't know how this happened, I guess just over time.  We moved to a new state last year and I started being on more to stay connected with my friends from our old state, then the beginning of this year we bought a house in a new city and I am on Facebook to stay connected with our friends and life in that city.  Somewhere in these moves I became addicted to Facebook.

So, I have decided to deactivate my Facebook account for the month of November, and possibly longer depending on how November goes. (I closed my Google+ and Twitter accounts a few weeks ago)

Typically during the Month of November I do "30 days of what I'm thankful for" posts on Facebook.  Day 1-Thankful for... and I do that each day throughout the month of November.  Since August I have been praying about this and thinking about this and fighting myself about this, it's been a hard decision and I've even gotten some not so nice remarks from friends about it!!

Instead of 30 day of thankfulness posts, that typically just about all of them have to do with my wonderful family, I will be deactivating my Facebook account and spending the time to reflect on my life without Facebook.

(ok I wrote the above post last week, and it's November 3rd already so I'll update)

I deactivated my Facebook account late Halloween night.  The 1st was very weird not logging on to see what everyone was up to, and it was even more odd not to post photos to FB throughout my day.  But, it's the 3rd now and honestly I'm not even missing it too much.  I was expecting to have major Facebook withdrawal symptoms and to have a hard time adjusting to life without FB, but it's been a nice change.

Today hubby, Twinkle Toes, and I went out and found a beautiful place to take some fall photos.  We had a blast!   The picture below is of Twinkle Toes exploring while out taking photos today, I loved this photo, it was one of my favorites of the day!



After taking photos we stopped by the local hardware store and got some lumber for a project we are working on.  We are making a new dining room table using these plans from Ana White's website.  (I am a bit obsessed with her website, it's pretty awesome for the do-it-yourself person!

So, that's what's going on in our world these last few days and what is coming up!  I'll be trying to update the blog more often now that you can't keep up with me in other areas of social media!




2 comments: