Labels

Labels

Friday, November 8, 2013

What's Going on in my Neck of the Woods!

So, it's been a little over a week since I gave up Facebook and I'm going to have to admit that I am loving it!  I will say, due to a couple of things that I am involved in I did have to have a Facebook account and I was making my poor hubby's phone blow up with notifications from when I commented on things that a lot of others had to comment on also, from his account.  So I created an account strictly for these things that I was required to have a FB account for.  I have one friend on there, my hubby of course, and that's how it's going to stay.  So, with that being said, if you are a friend of mine and have noticed my face pop up on Facebook, I promise you that I am not ignoring you and I didn't close my personal account to avoid any of you, really!

Over the last week I've had a lot of family time, I've noticed that I've gone to bed early, woken up before my alarm every day, my shoulder has been feeling better, and my attitude from more sleep has been better.  I have had time to spend quality time with my precious family, gotten tasks done around the house, and have gotten a lot more done at work!

I think I told you last week that I was making a new dining room table, this is the one!  I planned to do this all on my own, but quickly learned that I must have someone watch over me, I didn't even know how to change the drill bit in the drill (I know how now!!!).  Hubby and I got the legs of the table cut last weekend, and this weekend I am going to be working on putting the legs together and making my cuts for the stretcher board and the side aprons.  We have decided on a stain color for it, it's called Jacobean, it's really pretty and makes me think of coffee!  Who doesn't love a dining room table color that reminds you of coffee!!

Last weekend we had to go out and buy a new freezer, it's hunting season here in Georgia and hubby brought home a nice size deer and we had no room for the meat.  Certainly no argument from me that we had to buy a new chest freezer for that reason.  Hubby made delicious venison cube steak the other night for dinner and I have decided that venison is my favorite meat.  Doesn't hurt that it's super healthy for you either!  I'll have to post a pic once we get it back from the taxidermist, we decided to have him mounted to put him up in our living room, because who doesn't love a deer staring at them all the time, ha ha ha!

Monday, Twinkle Toes and I went to the park for Homeschool park day, no one else was there that day so we took advantage of the beautiful scenery and took some more photos.  I am amazed every day at just how beautiful fall is!  Living in Florida almost all my life sure has made me cherish the fall season!  My allergies have been crazy the last few weeks, but that's ok, at least the scenery has been majestic!  The trees are all losing their leaves now and they will soon be dormant, but the upside to the trees being dormant is that we have a seasonal mountain view from our house, I can see some bonfires coming up soon, wrapped up in blankets in front of the fire and fun family memories being made!


This girl seems like she is growing faster than I can even blink.  She will be 10 in a few months and one of my two reasons to slow down life and enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment